Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Rock concert in Japan!


So last week, Me and my friend went to Osaka to see the visual kei band Nightmare (the band who made the first Death Note opening. for those unfamiliar, this is Nightmare, dressed in their visual kei stuff)

After a ~40 minute trip from Kobe to Osaka, we put our bags in a coin locker, and walked to the venue. It was only when we got there that I realized I forgot my ticket in my bag, so I had to go back and get it. My friend wasn't too impressed. But we still made it with plenty of time before the show started. And when it did, It was pretty awesome. This was actually my first concert ever. I mean, I've been to Warped Tour before, but each band only got like 30 or so minutes on stage, and there were about seven stages. That's more of an outdoor music event, whereas this was concert for a single band on one stage.
So yeah, they come on stage, played music (obviously), and had an encore (is it 'had' an encore?), which I was told happens at every one of their concerts. Before they started to play it though, the singer had a short conversation with each of the other members. At one point, him and the bassist (who is significantly taller) were comparing their height, and the singer turns around and starts yelling "ONIIII-CHAN, ONIIIII-CHAAAAAAN" (TL note: onii-chan means "big brother"). Many laughs were had.
Then they played their last song, I bought a t-shirt, which they only made one size of; small. It'll look cool on my wall I guess XD

The weirdest thing was that people didn't rock out as hard as I expected. It was a really tame event for what it was. People weren't jumping all over the place, there was no singing along, no cheering etc. What they did do was some headbanging (which was really cool to watch, considering most of the audience was made up of girls so hair was flying everywhere), hand/arm motions (im not sure if that's just a VK thing or a Japan-concert thing) and the occasional fan-girl yelling their favorite band member's name in either a really cute, albeit high pitched voice, or a really low and metal growl. It was really cool to see all of the people dressed up in awesome visual kei stuff though!

I really wanna try to go to a Miku concert T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment