Tuesday, December 4, 2012

JLPT


Today On Sunday, I took the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT).
There are 5 levels: N5 to N1, N5 being the easiest and N1 being the hardest. I took the N4.
They split it up into 3 sections: vocabulary, grammer and listening. Listening gave me the hardest time. Either some parts were too fast, or I had to stop and think about the meaning of a word, and by the time I figured it out, I was lost as to what part the CD was at. :C

When I think about it, it's kind of surprising that I took the N4. When I first got here, I felt like I wasn't even ready for the N5, and after only 3 months, I'm taking the N4. I hope to take the N3 either before I leave, or when I get back to Canada.

The test is taken very seriously. At my place, they had five proctors keeping watch, everybody had two seats in between them and the next person, and you weren't allowed to have anything but an pencil, eraser (without the paper casing), and the test sheets. And they were totally able to kick you out if you didn't follow the rules.
Forgive me in my moment of "omg it's just like anime", but it kinda felt like the written Chunin exams from the original Naruto. Just not quite as intense XD

Results should be in sometime in January, so I will update when I know how I did. I think I passed. I didn't do THAT badly. I hope

No comments:

Post a Comment